Scholarship for Diversity
North Cascades Institute’s Graduate Scholarship for Diversity in Environmental Conservation and Education
At North Cascades Institute we believe the process of conserving and restoring diversity in the natural world is the best way to create resilience in ecosystems facing environmental threats such as climate change. Similarly, we value ethnic and cultural diversity as a source of human strength and resilience. That’s why we are actively seeking students from diverse cultural backgrounds and people of color to live, learn, and teach in the North Cascades. Our youth program audiences represent the full spectrum of diversity in our local communities. We want our teachers and graduate students to reflect that diversity too. North Cascades Institute’s Diversity Scholarships range from $1,000-$20,000 and are applied to the residency and housing fees.
We share this land. Let’s learn together. Join us.
Are you a conservation leader?
- Earn your masters degree in education while spending a year in the heart of the Wild Nearby
- Develop your skills in experiential, interdisciplinary teaching and learning outdoors while serving the needs of diverse local communities
- Be a role model for a thousand youth that reflect the ethnic and cultural diversity of our region
- Earn a certificate in non-profit administration from the Northwest’s nationally recognized leader in environmental education and nonprofit leadership
- Use your degree and your experience to create and lead community, education and conservation organizations that work to change the world every day.
Our interdisciplinary approach to graduate education attracts students with a diverse range of undergraduate degrees, from science to liberal arts and beyond. Program graduates are leaders in a wide range of non-profit, governmental, and educational fields.