How To Give
(360) 854-2596 • email@example.com
Donating appreciated stock shares is a tax-efficient method of contributing to life-long learning and community stewardship. You can deduct the full value of the asset on your taxes without having to pay capital gains taxes and North Cascades Institute gets the full benefit as well.
DTC # 8275. Download stock transfer information.
Please let us know if you are making a stock transfer or if you have any questions at (360) 854-2596, firstname.lastname@example.org.
One way to give to the Institute is through in-kind support like equipment, supplies and printing. We always are in need of quality outdoor gear for the youth that participate for free in our education programs. Please let us know if you would like to make arrangements to donate in-kind: (360) 854-2596, email@example.com.
"Most people visualize a headwater as a powerful gush of water over a falls or a single bubbling brook high in the mountains at the source of a stream. But in fact, rivers have no single source." -Mary Swander in Home Ground: Language for an American Landscape
Just like the network of springs, creeks, streams, and tributaries, that support the river systems, our Headwaters donors provide generous support to create the conservation leaders of tomorrow.
- Annual Members: Donors contributing $1,000 or more in a year.
- Lifetime Members: Donors who have contributed $10,000 or more during their lifetime.
- Legacy Circle: Those that have named North Cascades Institute as a beneficiary in their estate plans.
- Because you deeply believe in our educational mission. If we just continue to try to fix things, but don’t educate people about essential systems and causes, what will ever change?
- You know you can trust the Institute’s financial management, leadership and vision. The Institute is audited annually and is highly rated on Charity Navigator. We have appropriate reserve funds, a viable strategic plan and a clear vision for our future.
Leverage your donation through your company’s matching gifts program, doubling your gift to North Cascades Institute at no additional cost to you!
Matching gift paperwork can be included with your donation when mailed to us at North Cascades Institute, 810 State Route 20, Sedro-Woolley, WA 98284, or some employers allow you to submit online through their matching gift programs. They may require our tax identification number, which is 91-1327775.
Many employers conduct a workplace giving campaign. Help get more young people outdoors to learn about our wild places through a workplace donation, often with an added match from your company.
Just a few examples, with our agency numbers listed, are:
• WA State Combined Fund Drive, #0497099
• Combined Federal Campaign, #11253
• City of Seattle, #45045
• Microsoft Giving Campaign, #2946